Alumni & Friends
Seattle University’s School of Theology & Ministry is committed to preparing students to work for a more just and humane world. Students are encouraged to think innovatively about how they engage in their communities and the world. Faculty, staff, students and alumni of the school serve, challenge and contribute to a variety of industries including faith communities, nonprofit groups, public policy, government, and individual lives. The school is dedicated to supporting students as they pursue this work and our school is enlivened by people who care passionately about the future of these ministries.
Please join us in continuing this mission by supporting our faculty, students, and special programs. Anyone can use their gifts and talents to support the school and there are a variety of unique ways to stay engaged. For example:
- Promote and participate in some of our annual events like the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity or the Search for Meaning Empowerment Series
- Stay connected through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Sign up to receive our monthly Enewsletter
- Financially support the school’s programs, initiatives and scholarships
- Give online now!
Our work is not possible without you. Thank you for your support!
Meet our Senior Director of Development:
School of Theology and Ministry
Ways to Contribute
You can contribute to the mission of Seattle University’s School of Theology and Ministry in a number of ways:
Time and Talents
Volunteers are always welcome. They make an enormous difference in the lives of faculty, staff, and students. Volunteers receive orientation and training in specific responsibilities. All volunteer efforts are deeply appreciated.
Cash contributions may be made in a lump sum or pledged over a specific period of time. Checks may be made out to “Seattle University” with the program or scholarship fund identified in the memo line. You are welcome to give online via our secure site, by clicking here. Please be sure to designate your gift to the school or one of our scholarships or programs. Thank you for your support!
Long-term funding can be given to the school through an endowment, which also can be specified for projects, educational funds, and facilities. Donors have funded endowments using the following:
- Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds
- A gift of securities may allow you to eliminate long-term capital gains taxes while providing significant support to Seattle University’s School of Theology and Ministry now and in the future.
- Bequests / Estate Planning
- Donors make a powerful statement and have community impact when they name Seattle University’s School of Theology and Ministry as a beneficiary in their wills, living trusts or retirement plans. Join the Legacy Society today!
- Life Insurance Policies
- Either new or older policies with cash values can make a great gift.
- Charitable Trusts and Gift Annuities
- A charitable trust or a gift annuity can be established that provides income and tax benefits to the donor while providing current or future income. The gift will eventually support the School of Theology and Ministry.
Contact Maria Groen
Senior Director of Development
Seattle University School of Theology and Ministry
206-296-6955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legacy Society consists of members who have included Seattle University’s School of Theology and Ministry in their estate plans, either through a will, a trust, a gift annuity, a life insurance policy, or a gift from a retirement plan.
The word Legacy comes from the Latin word Legatus from Roman times, referring ambassador who was sent to the provinces to bring greetings, good news and gifts. In the spirit of the Legatus, we encourage alumni and friends to become School of Theology and Ministry’s ambassadors by leaving their legacy to the next generation of School of Theology and Ministry students.
Each gift will carry on the mission of the school to develop our spiritual leaders for a more just and humane future.